Thursday, August 5, 2010

Latest Design

My printing effort this morning - the native violet (Viola betonicifolia). Okay so it is purple in real life but I fancied royal blue today - artistic licence! I had a lovely time learning about colour mixing yesterday - it's opened up a whole new world for me.

This is the print on unbleached linen.

And this is the print on fabric which is a mixture of bleached and unbleached (so a bit lighter in colour) but it is hard to see the difference in a photo.


This species is the host plant of the rare and threateded butterfly Laced Fritillary Butterfly so here's hoping it makes a visit to the Redcliffe Peninsula where my little plant is waiting for it.

1 comment:

tigrrlily said...

Just fabulous! I love the new designs that your garden is bringing out.