Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time for another Screen Printer - Marram Studio

I discovered Marram Studio some time ago and Sarah's blog Silkscreen and Scribble. I think I loved the fact that someone was screenprinting somewhere as exotic as Orkney Is. (to me anyhow), yet there was that lovely common thread of designs being influenced by nature and environment and the passion for printing textiles. Although the studio has since relocated to Glasgow and she uses Facebook and Twitter more these days, the inspiration remains the same. See her gorgeous prints and products at Marram Studio (an example below).

By the way marram is a type of grass which grows near the beach in the Orkney area. How appropriate!

2 comments:

Sue Roberts: The Preserving Patch said...

Did you know that Marram grass is an introduced weed in Tasmania however it serves a purpose by stopping sand dunes from eroding. Only a certain type of person would plant it (a "bf")...I think you know what I mean!

gaby@stilelemente said...

Found her a while back and like her work too :) but haven't visited in a while so will go and have a look now...