Monday, November 7, 2011

Another Monotype Print

I bought this artist's book at the recent Fibre Fest 2011exhibition of the Queensland Spinners, Weavers & Fibre Artists held in the Botanic Gardens at Mt Cootha.

This was a lovely exhibition of spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, knitting, crochet,braiding, basketry, papermaking and artist bookmaking (phew!). Of course there was a shop as well, full of beautiful handmade things which I couldn't resist. This artist's book is made by Sandra Pearce, who I blogged about recently and features one of her lovely monoprints on the cover. So now I own one! Can't imagine writing in it at this stage. It will need to be something very special.


This is paper made of onion skin and banana fibre - I have my own banana trees so perhaps I can have a go at paper making as well one day.

While I was at Mt Cootha I had a quick walk around some areas of the Botanic Gardens (the Australian plant communities of course). I loved the Australian rainforest section where I saw quite a few of the plants which I have recently planted in my backyard rainforest - a little larger than mine of course. I particularly wanted to see Syzygium wilsoni and I found one still in flower


Last year I planted a whole fenceline of the nursery form Syzygium "Cascade". Should be a spectacular sight when they all flower next spring/summer.

1 comment:

gaby@stilelemente said...

Wow, that fenceline is going to pop when the Syzygium 'Cascade' flowers next year.