Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Table Runners - Success!

I've been wanting to try my hand at printing table runners for ages. Finally I plucked up the courage and here is the result of the first two goes - my beautiful grevillea in white and a newish design - the lemon scented tea tree in crimson.

These runners are 150x45cm in size and using my existing designs and screen size, that meant printing six times  per runner. Six opportunities for smudges, runs and general mistakes. I never could have done this two years (plus) ago when I first went back to screen printing. Then my mess up rate was sometimes 20%. Now I rarely have problems. I don't know why. I can't pin it down to any particular change in technique - except to check and double check everything before making each print. Having this routine and general experience I guess. But I'm glad I didn't try to do these back then.
This was also the opportunity to see how they looked as repeat prints. Very happy with both, but especially the tea tree. I might try some yardage with this one next.


1 comment:

gaby@stilelemente said...

Well done Helen! They look great!