Thursday, April 10, 2014

Linen 'n Denim 'n Leather

I'm always on the lookout for new bag styles to try and I've had this one in the back of my mind for ages. Comparatively quick and easy to make.

It's slightly larger than A4 size and made from linen and black denim, with a medium weight interfacing. So quite practical and rather stylish I think. The bag is lined with cream cotton printed with the same design (fan palm) in red and closes with a magnetic clasp.
Next I'm going to have a go at making one from linen and black leather.
 
I've done a little bit of sewing with leather to date as I have been making these little guys for ages - screenprinted fronts and leather backs (great for specs)
 
 
And recently I tried something a little bit bigger, with this wristlet purse, so I'm looking forward to tackling a larger leather project.
 


And here it is!




No comments: