Sunday, March 1, 2015

Two Birds, One Stone

I have had two projects in mind for some time now. One - to recut my eucalypt stencil and Two - to further investigate printing cushions.

I haven't been totally happy with my eucalypt print as I felt it was a bit too large and the detail not fine enough. Yet it is popular, so worth the time spent improving. I used the same design and recut  and tried out the print again.
I'm much happier with this result. Table runners and napkins to be printed tomorrow!

My linen supplier has launched a new line - blank linen 75%/cotton 25% ready made cushions, with an invisible zip opening. The fabric is quite light weight, only comes in an off white shade and the one large size - 50cm x 50cm but they look well made and worth a trial. So I printed one up recently using my newly cut eucalypt stencil and am quite pleased with the result. I just need to give it a good road testing now for a while, to see how robust the item is.

No comments: