Sunday, August 16, 2015

Practicing Frame Purse Making

I obtained some inexpensive purse frames and have started perfecting my frame purse sewing technique. Quite tricky particularly the glue part. So far I have managed to get glue on the fabric each time I've made one - not just in the frame channel. I think I am still using too much goop.  Fortunately I seem to be able to get rid of most of it using nail polish remover - once it has well and truly dried.
But they don't look bad at all - now these frames need a bit of road testing.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

More Cushion Covers - and Another (Newish) Print

My linen cushion covers are proving popular so I printed another two using different coloured inks


Lovely flowering eucalypt in white on unbleached (flax) linen...and

The iconic banksia in deep deep navy printed on oatmeal linen - yum.
While I was at it I also printed the banksia to make placemats, a table runner and tea towels.


Tres elegant!


I must have a "thing" about navy at the moment - wattle napkins - one set of 4 now in my Etsy shop!

And it's wattle flowering time right now in my neighbourhood